[linux-dvb] CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

Sven Lankes sl at killefiz.de
Fri Nov 24 19:45:11 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 04:28:54PM +0100, Matthias Dahl wrote:

>> 1. Gesteckte Smartkarte wird nicht unterstuetzt !
> Just read this msg (not the whole thread). Just in case your cable provider is
> Kabel Deutschland, you most likely got one of the newer smartcards which are
> not yet supported by any available CAM module. Take a look at your smartcard,
> if there is anything like K02/03 or K09 on it, you are in trouble. :( K02 is
> just fine.
> So just in case you ended up with the wrong smartcard: you could try to get KD
> to swap it for a K02 one. As far as I know, only customers with an aging dbox
> or anything like it, get K02 ones. The hotline agent will ask you for the
> receiver serial number... that's how they verify what box you have and what
> smartcard you get. No serial number, no smartcard.
> Hope I could help.

Yep - I guess you solved my problem.

The only difference ist that I am an "ish" customer and the K09
smartcards are called "03" there (http://wiki.tuxbox.org/Smartcard).

I just phoned ish and they agreed (without much trouble) to exchange my
card with a card that will work on a dbox. I didn't even need a
Dbox-Serial number.

The card should arrive next week - I'll report here if I manage to
decrypt anything.

--
sven