[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Nov 25 12:45:59 CET 2006

En/na Manu Abraham ha escrit:

>> Well, they did: they just sent the complete documentation and sample
>> source code, so it doesn't seem to be the case that they aren't
>> interested, maybe nobody asked them before.
>> In case that I'm unable to write a driver (most probable since I'm not
>> that experienced), is there someone willing to help?
>>

> Sure, go ahead. People are there to help.
>
> They told me that you contacted them for writing a driver.

Yes, this is the idea, I have to see if I'm capable to do it, and, of
course, the time that I have ;-)
The only driver I have ever written is for a very simple parallel port
device. I took a look at the dvb-usb infrastructure and it seems simple
enough to fill-in-the-blanks once I decipher the documentation they sent me.

> Have complete info over here,

I thought that was not the case, since the only reference I found on
this device is in the message I replied to, which states that "the
vendor has no interest in linux".
That's why I contacted them, to discover that it simply is not true.

Bye