[linux-dvb] Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 13:23:28 CET 2006

Peter Fassberg wrote:
> Hi!
>>> Well, they did: they just sent the complete documentation and sample
>> Have complete info over here, in case of any help, you can send in a mail.
> Were do we put this type of documentation so everyone can get access
> to it?

Many vendors do send info under NDA's . ie the info they do send are not
open, but maybe used to develop an OSS driver.

Some vendors ask like this ..

My main problem is datasheets, register lists and other design
documentation.  Is it possible to communicate information to you under
NDA and not have that information propagated?  Or does any information I
pass to you become considered as public knowledge?

In this particular case, the person who requested me to do a driver, was
known to me personally. Normally he says like this.

Hi Manu,

It's for your private reference only. Please don't reveal it to any
other else.

So in this case, they have not explicitly said anything, but will wait
for information from him whether the said information can be made public.