[linux-dvb] Mantis and MB86A16 (VP-1034) and DiseqC commands not working.

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Sat Nov 25 20:16:33 CET 2006

Manu, list,

I was testing DiseqC to control my rotor (Palm H-H 2100A) and because i
could not get a scan done I finally pulled my rotor from my roof top and
placed it next to the pc.

I found the following results:

- When I boot my pc and modprobe the mantis module the card powers on. I
see a green light lighting up on my rotor.
- When I tried the goto position 0 diseqc command I saw my light change
from green to red to green. This normal when the command string is send
to the rotor ( I do have another card which show the same effect). But
the rotor does not change position.
- When I tried the goto X diseqc command saw my light change from green
to red to green.  But the rotor does not change position.

The only difference I could see is that the change in colour is faster
for the VP-1034 card than my other card a VP-1020a (which is working as
it should).

So for now DiseqC does not work. I do not have the equipment to check
the signal on the cable to my lnb to see if the commands are transmitted
allright.

Regards,

Michel.