[linux-dvb] HVR1300 dvb low signal problems

Duncan Thomas lists at goldtel.com.au
Sun Nov 26 01:43:04 CET 2006

I have two Hauppauge HVR1300 cards up and running in my Mythtv machine. I am
running a 2.6.18 kernel with a mercurial grab from the 24 - November. Within
the mercurial grab I did a simple "make" and "make install".

For the most part the card functions. I can watch analogue TV under Mythtv
on /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.

I can modprobe cx88-dvb and register the frontends - and they can be seen in
Mythtv - however when I go to view the cards I get very low signal strengths
and Mythtv will not lock on. I have a Dvico lite in this system which
performs quite happily. If I boot into XP and use something like GBPVR I can
view Digital content on the Hauppauge cards so that suggests to me I don't
have an issue with signal problems. I am not really sure where to go from
here. For some reason I cannot compile the dvb-apps package with make just
crapping out.

Any suggestions?

Duncan Thomas
Goldfields Telephone Service

Mobile:       0418 918 794
Fax:          08 9021 6667

Web:          http://www.goldtel.com.au
Wiki:         http://wiki.goldtel.com.au

More and more of our imports are coming in from overseas - George W. Bush