[linux-dvb] cx88-blackbird

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Nov 27 23:35:47 CET 2006


Duncan Thomas wrote:
> Hi List
> 
> I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the status of cx88-blackbird and
> the HVR-1300 card. Are we able to use this module with the card yet or are
> we still using software.
> 
> I see some references in the archives - but it's not clear as to its status.
> 
> I can modprobe the module and I get this in dmesg
> 
> CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 0070:9600, board: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300
> DVB-T/Hybrid MPEG Encoder [card=56]
> CORE cx88[1]: subsystem: 0070:9600, board: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300
> DVB-T/Hybrid MPEG Encoder [card=56]
> cx2388x blackbird driver version 0.0.6 loaded
> cx8802_register_driver() ->registering driver type=blackbird access=shared
> CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 0070:9600, board: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300
> DVB-T/Hybrid MPEG Encoder [card=56]
> cx88[0]/2: cx23416 based mpeg encoder (blackbird reference design)
> cx88[0]/2: registered device video2 [mpeg]
> CORE cx88[1]: subsystem: 0070:9600, board: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300
> DVB-T/Hybrid MPEG Encoder [card=56]
> cx88[1]/2: cx23416 based mpeg encoder (blackbird reference design)
> cx88[1]/2: registered device video3 [mpeg]
> 
> Mythtv can see the encoder but I get a whole bunch of firmware errors if I
> try to use it.
> 

It uses the ivtv encoder firmware, and yes -- it works. The firmware errors that
you are probably seeing is most likely due to missing firmware image.

see ivtvdriver.org for info on how to get the cx2341x encoder firmware.
-- 
Michael Krufky




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list