[linux-dvb] dvb noaudio

Raena Lea-Shannon raen at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 2 15:21:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have just installed Kaffeine 0.7.1 (running on Ubuntu 6.06.1 AMD64
Asus M. Board Nvidia audio chip and Px7600 video with nvidia latest
drivers for Geforce 7600 Chip.

Kaffeine is nice. Looks great easy to use. Big thanks up front to the
developers.

I have installed latest v4l source and compiled and I did find that in
make I had to use Ncurses menuconfig and not compile with one of the
audio modules, I think it was *.oci ?

I can play ABC HDTV (I am in Sydney) with sound but that is the only
channel that gives audio.

I have set xine engine to alsa drivers and I have tried every setting in
alsamixer. I have tried ne tip which was to de-select the dvd.language.
That did not work for me.

I have looked at audio pid in the channels edit and tried selecting ac3
but that does not work either. I also looked at the channels.conf pid
from scan reading and that did not work either.

I looked at the mail list archive and apart from the above suggestions I
have not been able to find an answer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks