[linux-dvb] Where to find specifications for user-defined descriptor tags?

Robert Schlabbach robert_s at gmx.net
Fri Oct 6 01:29:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

would anyone here know where to find the specifications for some
user-defined descriptor tags? Specifically, I'm looking for the
specifications of:

private_data_specifier 0x00000001 (SES):
- 0xA0 (some type of country specification)
- 0xA1 (unknown meaning)

[These are found in the PMTs for the ARD radio services on ASTRA 19.2°E]

private_data_specifier 0x00000005 (ARD/ZDF/ORF):
- 0x80 (EPG content descriptor keywords)
- 0x81 (unknown meaning)
- 0x82 (ASCII representation of programme_identification_label)
- 0x83 (appears to be some sort of news ticker transmitted via EPG)

[These are found in the EPG for the ARD television services on ASTRA
19.2°E]

Obviously the broadcasters must have released the specifications to at
least some receiver makers for implementation. But I cannot find anything
on them on the Internet, and I don't have any idea who I could contact
about them either...

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,
--