[linux-dvb] qam256 problem with Technotrend C2300 DVB-C card

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 8 09:43:03 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've problems with the TT-C2300 DVB-C card and qam256 modulated channels. After switching to a qam256 channel, the card
needs between 0.5 and 1 hour to get the lock. Possible it is a problem of the reduced i2c bus speed. If the stv0297 is
accessed with a higher i2c bus speed, the card gets the lock within a few seconds like qam64. I've attach a patch, which
does reduce the i2c bus speed for the tuner only. I've measured the time between 'after tuning' and 'start waiting for
the agc lock' in stv0297_set_frontend(). Without the patch it needs 470ms and with the patch 60ms. This is a little bit
strange, because the factor of the speed changing is two. Possible, there is a bug in the spec of the saa7146.

- Hartmut