[linux-dvb] Couple of question regarding installation

Klaus Frahm frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Sun Oct 15 03:13:04 CEST 2006

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Klaus Frahm wrote:
>
>>-----------------------
>>4.) And now the worst: There is NEW bug, corruption of the mpeg flux for
>>certain multiplexes !! I have tested this on two very different machines. This
>>bug is new and appears in the latest drivers. I will report about this
>>bug/problem in a different thread. For the moment being I strongly suggest
>>that you DO NOT USE use the very latest DVB-driver from the official tree
>>neither the driver which is actually also in 2.6.19-rc1 (=> DO NOT USE either
>>2.6.19-rc1), at least the official tree one week ago had this bug (I didn't
>>verify later modifications).
>

> This one should be fixed since two days in the v4l-dvb HG. Can you please
> try?
>
> Patrick.

Indeed, you are right. I have just tried the very latest driver for my
two PCs (a PIII 500 Mhz and a Pentium D 2800 Ghz) and the "new" bug has
disappeared. All multiplexes and channels work well. I suppose this
modification will appear in 2.6.19-rc2 ?

Sorry for this unnessary message (i.e. for the part 4 and the other
thread), I tried last week and I wanted to post the bug but I didn't
find the time and the testing of the new version was a bit cumbersome
because in 2.6.19-rc1 the "old" driver (from August) refused to unload
three modules with rmmod, despite the fact that otherwise it works well.
There I had to reboot the PC to test the latest version but now it's done.

I have also looked at the titles of the different threads in the
archives to find a mentioning of this problem but I didn't find anything
but I may very easily have overlooked a relevant post.

Thanks and sorry again, Klaus.