[linux-dvb] Re: Mantis VP-1027/VP-1033/VP-1034/VP-2033/VP-3033

Marko Ristola marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Sun Oct 15 08:52:29 CEST 2006

Hi

Now I can see a continuous picture, even though it is bad!

I found out the problem:
mmwrite(MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN, MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR);
can be replaced with
mmwrite(MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN | 0x3000, MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR);

This is because the ealier value of MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR  is 0x3000. With
keeping 0x3000
we won't disable i2c. With this fix I can see now a continuous bad TV
picture with kaffeine.

It might be, that the fix should be modified to be something like:

if (fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl)
                fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl(fe,1);
So  the function i2c_gate_ctrl(fe,1) would set bits 0x3000 on the begin
of cu1216_set_param().

Regards,
Marko Ristola