[linux-dvb] TTUSB DEC-2000T Driver: tuning problems

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:27:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I had problems tuning a TTUSB DEC-2000T.
I can tune using tzap, while other applications like mplayer, dvbstream fail.

Debugging the code I found that the only difference is in the call
DMX_SET_PES_FILTER.

tzap uses DMX_PES_AUDIO and DMX_PES_VIDEO while dvbstream (and
mplayer) uses DMX_PES_OTHER.

Changing the code in dvbstream (and mplayer) I was able to tune.

Reading the code in ttusb_dec.c I cannot see any support for
DMX_PES_OTHER and at one point DMX_TS_PES_OTHER (which is not quite
the same) is explicitly not supported ( line 990 ).

Am I completely wrong?

Regards