[linux-dvb] kworld DVB-T 220RF - remote control

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Sun Oct 15 18:21:20 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 15.10.2006, 15:19 +1000 schrieb Graham Smith:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is a way to get the remote control working with a
> Kworld DVB-T 220RF card. I'm running SuSE 10.1.
> I presume it should work via the ir-kbd-i2c module which is installed but when
> i do
> cat /proc/bus/input/devices
> I do not see any remote device listed.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try to give you an overview what happened so far on this new KS003
and KS007 chips.

The initial research and patch was done by Henry Wong on a KS003 found
on the MSI TV at nywhere Plus (saa7131e, tda8275ac1). The same chip is
reported on cx88 Blackbird Kworld MCE200 Deluxe (17de:0841).

Bob adapted the patch for the Kworld ATSC 110 (17de:7350) KS007.

The latest version for recent v4l-dvb mercurial and fixes by Dwaine can
be found here.

See followups for further proceeding and remaining issues.

Mike likely will need the signed-off-by Henry Wong, CCed.

The remotes seem to be all slightly different, also for the Empire PCI
Dual TV Plus4 17de:7250 (four buttons less than ATSC 110), guess you
have the Tevion/Kworld 17de:7201 card, which has no picture of the
remote in the bttv-gallery.de.