[linux-dvb] Re: Mantis VP-1027/VP-1033/VP-1034/VP-2033/VP-3033

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 18:24:03 CEST 2006

Hello Marko,

Marko Ristola wrote:

> I didn't read emails for a few days.
> I don't have any specs for the hardware either.
>
> I'll try to figure out that what is the problem.
>
> I think that when the DMA transfer starts, cu1216_set_parameters()
> should not be called at all.
> The drivers should just keep on with the data transfer.
>
> One possible fix might be that cu1216_set_parameters()
> would set the fixed values: they should not be changed during the data
> transfer.
> Maybe reading other similar drivers help with this.
>
> The other thing is that is it a bug or okay when the cu1216 is
> nonresponsive during the data transfer.
>
> Manu, How is this supposed to work?

Sorry i had been away the past few days.  In fact dvb-core should start
DMA only after there is a LOCK. I faced this issue (getting garbage in
the DMA queue, before there is a valid LOCK), but i was able to get a
LOCK, but that was with a DVB-S card, but the same bridge.

Need to check a bit as to what's the exact issue in there.

Regards,
Manu