[linux-dvb] linux 2.6.18, bt878, changes in config???

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Mon Oct 16 18:24:51 CEST 2006

I installed a new system from scratch with linux 2.6.18. The
configuration of the DVB-drivers has changed and I couldn't find the
usual bt878 switch in the v4l section (only that of the connexant
successor). In the dvb-subsection, the bt878 entry was already chosen
(--). The nxt6000 frontend for my Twinhan dst was not chosen, though.
After choosing it and installing the kernel, there was no bt878 entry in
dmesg at all. Xine-Player was not able to detect the card. I switched
back to linux 2.6.17.14 and my old .config file, and the bttv driver is
there again.

What must I do differently in the 2.6.18 menueconfig?

Regards,
Dennis Heuer