[linux-dvb] Pinnacle pctv 300i - DVB is ok in france !

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Tue Oct 17 22:36:54 CEST 2006

Hi, all

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi Cabrito,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 17.10.2006, 17:17 +0200 schrieb Cabrito Estrabico:
>
>>    Hi,
>>
>> leaving in france, I recently managed to get my pinnacle pctv 310i card
>>running
>

> hmm, 300i and 310i are very different cards.
>

>> in both analogic and numeric mode by shifting forward by 167 kHz each
>>channel
>> frequency in the tuning data file for dvb.
>>
>>   I would like to report here that using the same method I coud help a
>>french ubuntu user
>> on the french ubuntu forum to make his pctv 300i card dvb running.
>>
>>So, pctv 300i is working in dvb mode in france by shifting forward by
>>167 kHz each channel
>> frequency in the tuning data file.
>>
>>Unluckily we could not make this card running in analogic mode. The tv
>>norm in france is secam
>>and in v4l-dvb cards list this card appears like : Pinnacle PCTV 300i
>>DVB-T + PAL.
>>
>>Does its tuner support SECAM norm ?
>>Does issue existing for french user ?
>

> Yes, there is another pitfall for french users.
> You need option secam=l for the tuner module.
>
> Only the recent mercurial with Hartmut's latest audio fixes allows to
> select SECAM-L directly from an app like xawtv.
>
> Only in case it is a 310i with saa7131e, option audio_ddep=10 for
> saa7134 might help as well to force NICAM stereo, but isn't the best
> choice if you have also MONO analog broadcast.
>
> Good Luck,
> Hermann

Do we really talk about the 300i?
As Hermann mentioned, this card is very different from the 310i.
I was on the opiniton that the channel decoder of this card would find
the 167kHz offset automatically...
I am not sure whether the option secam=l will help. This depends on the
so-called SAW filter on the card. But it is worth a try and if it works,
please leave us a note.
Just one additional note: If you use the recent code from the repository,
you should apply the secam=l option to the saa7134.ko module.

Best regards
    Hartmut