[linux-dvb] HVR 1110 works with 2.6.17.13,v4l-dvb and modprobe -v saa3174 card=101 && modprobe -v saa3174_dvb

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Wed Oct 25 16:22:22 CEST 2006

>     I have it working in DVB-T (haven't tried analogue though) with
>     the following:
>
>     kernel:         2.6.17.13 <http://2.6.17.13> (with dvb/v4l stuff
>     compiled as modules)
>     v4l-dvb:        Latest (as of 2006-10-24)
>
>     modprobe -v saa3174 card=101
>     modprobe -v saa3174_dvb
>

> yes but with this settings, no remote control and no analogic tv (when
> you enabled tuner with debug=1, no lock).
> So i wrote a small definition for this card (based on 310i) and i
> search for more informations to get remote controle and analogic tv work.
> i have not tested input via s-video neither the radio device.

Calum

Thanks for your work. :) That's good news and a great short term
workaround. Tom actually has some patches to add official support
meaning that the device gets automatically detected and configured
correctly. This is a better long term approach.

Tom,

Can you post your HVR1110 driver changes as a complete diff to this
list? (I must of missed the previous email). I'd like to run some basic
testing.

or ... has anyone else got a working hg tree that I can download and
test against?

I definetly would like to see the HVR1100 descriptions changed to
HVR1110 within the patch.

We're close, great work.

Regards,

Steve