[linux-dvb] HVR1110, no signal lock on tda8290

Hartmut.Hackmann at t-online.de Hartmut.Hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Oct 27 21:50:51 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:08:38 +0200
Subject: [linux-dvb] HVR1110, no signal lock on tda8290
From: tomlohave <tomlohave at gmail.com>
To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org

Hi,

After some researchs,  it seems that tuner on  hvr110  is a Philips
8275A.
with the app Productinfo provide by Hauppauge :

Begin :

Model 67019 Rev. B1B4
Serial #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Tuner Model/Formats: Philips 8275A // (MN/BG/I/DK/LL') / DVB-T (FM)
Tuner Audio: Stereo (SAA7131)
Video Formats: NTSC ( M ) PAL ( B G H I D K M N NCOMBO ) SECAM ( L L' )
Audio Outputs: None
External Inputs: 2
S-Video Inputs: 2
Teletext:
Radio: FM
Decoder: SAA7131
IR: Blaster
MAC Address: 00-0D-FE-0C-E8-F1
EEprom Contents:
84 09 00 04 20 77 00 40 f0 1a 0c f0
73 05 29 00
84 08 00 06 cb 05 01 00 94 18 89
72 07 70
73 09 23 5f
73 0a fc 72
72 0b 2f
72 0e 01
72 0f 03
72 10 01
72 11 ff
79 58

end.

But i have no lock with this settings :

<snip>

I don't have the patch here, but:
- If you live in france, you need to set the option secam=l
- For this card, you need some GPIO settings to get the AGC
routed correctly.
for FM Radio, you typically need GPIO21 of the SAA7131 and
for DVB-T it typically is GPIO 1 of the TDA10046.
Somebody reported that the card works with the settings
for the Pinnacle 310i, so you might steal the code fragments
from there.

Good luck
  Hartmut