[linux-dvb] TT-premium DVB-S rev1.5 audio problem

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Sat Oct 28 03:19:36 CEST 2006

Martin Zwickel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have a small problem:
> I get no audio from my DVB-S card since a few months.
> But I can't remember what could have changed that.
>
> There is no audio from the jack, nor from my Aux-In Mixer.
> Everything else works as expected (at least with vdr), I can tune, set
> filters, watch TV, ... but no audio from the HW.
> I'm already thinking about a DAC issue...
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.18, v4l-hg latest and alsa. Also the av7110
> firmware is the latest, but also tried older ones.
>
> My card pci info:
> 00:0c.0 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: 13c2:0000
>         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
>         Latency: 64 (3750ns min, 9500ns max)
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
>         Region 0: Memory at dfffac00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

If you cannot get any sound out of the 3.5mm audio jack of the card, and
- cable is ok
- sound is not muted [vdr]
- sound is not set to digital output [vdr audio menu]
your card is probably broken.

Hm - you have a Technotrend mail address, and TT is the manufacturer of
those cards. They should be able to fix it...

CU
Oliver