[linux-dvb] Re: Mantis VP-1027/VP-1033/VP-1034/VP-2033/VP-3033

Marko Ristola marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Sat Oct 28 11:39:56 CEST 2006

Hi Manu and others,

On my DVB Mantis chip, there is
K61468.2A-2
041213

With the attached patch, I am able to see Finnish HTV cable TV,
unencrypted channels,
with my Mantis VP-2033. It uses the cu1216 kernel module.
The patch can be applied to the Mantis Alpha version that Manu released
(this thread
began with the release note and a reference to the source code).

cd mantis-25021de30f36
patch -p1 < /tmp/mantis-alpha-changes.diff

Here are the changed files:
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_net.c (just to make it compilable,
not my fix initially, for completeness only).
linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/cu1216.c (dvb-core is able to do a
lock into the given frequency).
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/mantis/mantis_dma.c (demuxer fix,
lock status reading fix).

Here are answers for You, Manu:

Manu Abraham wrote:
> DMA should be started only after a LOCK, but it is not the driver that
> which starts the DMA but it is in the dvb-core. Need to see why DMA is
> initiated much earlier, causing garbage in the buffers.
>
> I will check it out in the coming few days.

The patch that I have attached, has function cu1216_get_tune_settings()
It sets a 50ms time delay. I'm able to get a lock with that delay
without any hacks
in cu1216_set_parameters() function.

I removed the interlace selection in cu1216_set_parameters().
cu1216_set_parameters() will also return 0 on success.

MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR changes are needed to enable dvb-core to read the lock
status after DMA start. So this is the 0x3000 case.

Garbage in the buffers is fixed for me (scratch screen becomes working
video and audio),
when I use dvb_dmx_swfilter() instead of dvb_dmx_swfilter_204(). This is
in file mantis_dma.c.

"scan" binary is able to find channels after a fresh reboot.
After using DVB applications, "scan" won't work anymore.

I never use rmmod. I suspect memory corruption then.

If you like, you can attach some of my fixes with the following GPL v2
licence.
I accept this license for my cu1216.c and mantis_dma.c changes,
because you have selected that license for those files:

(at your option) any later version.

Regards,
Marko Ristola