[linux-dvb] DVB Front-End Signal Strength Inconsistency

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:07:29 CEST 2006

On 31/08/06, Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb at lidskialf.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 August 2006 12:51, Bradley Kite wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please find attached a patch which fixes a few of the front-end
> > signal-strength functions.
> >
> > The actual signal strength values returned by some front-ends are not
> > consistent
> > with others, meaning that it makes it hard for applications to interpret
> > this consistently,
> > this patch aims to correct this.
>
> Looking closer, I would agree with the cx22702 fix... however the other
> two
> (mt352 and cx22700) seem to already be 16 bit values (or close), so I'm
> not
> sure whether the fixes for those two are valid or not....

Hi Andrew,

I've just checked these again, and I believe that all three DVB front-ends
return 8-bit values, by nature of the fact that the read_register()
functions
return 8-bit values - but in the mt352 and cx22700 they are indeed stored
in 16-bit ints, but they are still only 8-bit.

Regards
--
Brad.