[linux-dvb] kernel 2.6.17.xx && budget_av || tda1004x && stability && tuning

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at gmx.de
Sun Sep 3 01:28:32 CEST 2006

hi andrew

2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 is vanilla 2.6.17.8.

i also got an email from hartmut hackmann.
he advised me to use tda10046lifeview firmware for my Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T.

this seems to be a sort of "insider info" and was not obviously to me.

after a little testing it seems that the card works quite good with that fw,
but i have an eye on this and will do more testing the next days.

i will provide the info's then.

maybe this will lead to the same Question as in my starting thread:

should that script (get_dvb_firmware) be changed ?
or
should the info above become more public (wiki)

to prevent people from headache.

thx 4 support.

one last question:
whom can i contact that kaffeine downloads the correct channel information file
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Germany-Berlin)

ronald