[linux-dvb] Where does the firmware come from

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Sep 5 11:50:01 CEST 2006

I am new at this, so forgive the naive question, but where does the firmware
come from.

I downloaded the firmware for my freecom usb dvb-t tuner from a web site
(not linuxtv.org) as a binary file which I found in a post I picked up from
the mail archives (because the id of the unit is 14aa:0225 rather than the
more standard ids), and since then someone has said there is a bug in it,
which means we have to tune to integral no of MHz.

I have tried installing the tuner under windows - but it is not at all
obvious to me which file under windows is the firmware either.

 --
Alan Chandler
alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
(via webmail - normally means I am not at my computer)