[linux-dvb] digitv usb under debian etch

phil taylor ptay1685 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 5 14:32:24 CEST 2006

I can get to use this tuner fine with a warm start (using Windows XP
software to prime it) but cannot get it to work from a cold boot. Have
the firmware (dvb-usb-digitv-01.fw and dvb-usb-digitv-02.fw - not sure
which version my tuner is) in /lib/firmware
and /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.

Anyone any idea where the firmware should reside, and if anything else
needs to be done to get the firmware to activate?

I have not made any manual adjustments so far - everything in the
diswtro is out-of-the-box as far as dvb is concerned.

I get the same problem with Frugalware, Fedora Core 6 test 2, and Ubuntu
Edgy Eft.

Thanks.

Phil T.