[linux-dvb] Solved: DVICO Fusion HDTV Plus, 2.6.18-rc6 not tuning

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Sep 6 16:05:03 CEST 2006

Richard Dale wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I needed to run kernel 2.6.18-rc6 for my new Core Duo setup (Gigabyte 965
> motherboard/ICH8/Gigabyte SATA II) but found that my DVICO cards stop
> tuning.
>
> When I grabbed a head-of-tree v4l and installed this over the kernel modules
> all was OK.
>
> It appears that cx88-dvb was loading (and using) the Zarlink zl10353 module
> rather than the mt352, but the current tree of V4L-DVB fixed this dependency
> just fine.
>
> What lead me to this clue was on my old box, the zl10353 module was never
> loaded...
>
> Hope this email helps anybody else in this situation.
>
> I guess it's adviseable for cx88-dvb to be added to 2.6.18-rcxx otherwise
> we'll have a few unhappy campers in Australia upon release of the kernel.

Does this card work for you in kernel 2.6.17.8 or later?  Please test
and let us know -- if it works in 2.6.17.8 (or later) and not in
2.6.18-rcX , then we have a regression that will need to be fixed (very)
soon.

You can download the 2.6.17.y series from www.kernel.org -- Please do
this test to let us know...

Also, please show us what the dmesg output looks like with your current
working setup.

Thanks for reporting.
--
Michael Krufky