[linux-dvb] Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Sep 8 00:33:01 CEST 2006

Hi

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 07.09.2006, 22:35 +0100 schrieb James Fidell:
>
>>Michael Krufky wrote:
>>
>>  According to the website, all
>>the DVB-T2* cards have TV input, though the T220 doesn't have a
>>composite input.
>

> for that one, all the chips have support for composite, svideo and,
> sometimes not connected, composite over svideo input.
>
> The manufacturer must be somewhat crazy not to use it ...
> I know for sure from the past Compro is not.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Since i worked on the T200 and T200a:
These cards support DVBT-T and analog baseband, but no analog TV
via tuner. That's why the config entry in saa7134-cards.c says
TUNER_ABSENT - as Michael already mentioned.
The T200 is known to work, but since i never had this card in hand,
i am not sure whether the definition of the baseband inputs is correct.
As mentioned before, you need to load the saa7134-dvb module, afterwards
the devices will be available. To make the card work, you need a
firmware file, use the script get_dvb_firmware.pl in the Documentation/dvb
directory. You will need the file for the tda10046.
For the T200a, you currently need a hack to get it working. you will find
instructions in the v4l-dvb wiki.
I never heard of the T220, so i can't tell about getting it working before
i got more information.

Best regards
   Hartmut