[linux-dvb] Compro Videomate DVB-T200 and friends

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Sat Sep 9 00:51:03 CEST 2006

HI,

James Fidell wrote:
> Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>>James Fidell wrote:
>>
>>>Unfortunately running "modprobe saa7134-dvb" appears to achieve
>>>absolutely nothing at all.  The module loads, but gives no dmesg output
>>>and no /dev/dvb devices are created.  Any ideas?
>>
>>This would usually happen if the driver doesnt think your card has DVB
>>functionality, although that sounds unlikely in your case.  Maybe you'd
>>have better results with the sources in linuxtv.org mercurial, unless
>>Hartmut has any better idea...
>>
>>BTW, linuxtv.org's mercurial drivers will NOT build correctly against
>>the FC5 kernel, due to the fact that FC5 is currently using a 2.6.18
>>kernel which identifies itself as 2.6.17.  OTOH, if you're using the
>>atrpms package repository, you can upgrade your v4l-dvb modules by doing:
>>
>>yum install video4linux-kmdl-`uname -r`
>

> Ok, I've done that, but still look to be in the same position.
>

>>umm... what makes you think the drivers can see the hardware?  You are
>>using cx88-blackbird devices -- these do not have DVB functionality.
>>You should see cx88-dvb announce the fact that it has loaded itself, but
>>it will not do anything with those cards.
>

> Grrr.  I was told by the person who gave them to me that they were
> digital cards.  I'll forget about them and concentrate on the DVB-T200
> then.
>
> James

There are absolutely no messages regarding saa7130 in the kernel log?
This would mean that the driver does not even see the card, otherwise
you would at least see the initialization messages of the saa713x core
driver - even if the card is unknown.
Do you see the card if you do lspci?
I am not fully sure about this: Is there a PCI bridge in between?
On my notebook, i need the kernel option: pci=assign-busses to get
the cardbus modules visible.

Hartmut