[linux-dvb] support for devices using DibCom 7000 and mt2060

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jose at tribulaciones.org
Sun Sep 10 10:45:33 CEST 2006

El mié, 06-09-2006 a las 11:28 +0200, Patrick Boettcher escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Id2ndR wrote:
> > Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a écrit :
> > >   Hi,
> > >
> > >   I have just seen that there is now a frontend for dibcom 7000 chips,
> > > and also for mt2060 tuners. I would like to ask if there are any plans
> > > for adding support for different devices using them, and how could we
> > > contribute to it.
> > >

> > Hi Jose,
> >
> > I've contacted DibCom one month ago and they answered me this morning :).
> > So they write to me that one of their developper is in linuxtv.org staff
> > and need only few time to commit dib7700 support. Maybe it's Patrick.
> > So, according to their answer, our problem will be resolved soon :).
>
> Hopefully. But the priority for that is very low :( and IMPO, it should
> not be the reference-design maker who makes the drivers for
> enduser-products... However, this is another story, but the reason why it
> takes so long.

  I understand you, but the problem as you can know from this list is
that though we have contacted AverMedia they are not interested neither
on releasing a free driver nor on keeping up to date they binary
drivers.

  That is the reason that make us push for this driver so much, and as I
said in my previous mail, offer my help as much as I can. I am not
skilled enough to develop a kernel driver, for that I am sure, but I can
help with some basic directions. And having a reference-design driver
but not being used is a waste of effort too (IMHO).

  Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo at debian.org