[linux-dvb] Lock on Kworld DVB-S 100 broken on 2.6.18-rc

Garnet MacPhee garnet at signalpeak.net
Thu Sep 14 15:07:32 CEST 2006

I am still having problems with my Kworld DVB-S 100 with the most recent 2.6.18-rc kernels, including rc7 which I tried
yesterday. It sets up the devices correctly now, but when doing a scan it will not lock unless the signal is VERY strong.
This eliminates nearly all of the channels I have been able to tune. I believe there have been changes in the tuning
algorithm with the cx24123 cards. If it does find a channel it can lock in on, the reception is as good as it ever was.

This problem does not exist on the 2.6.17 to 2.6.17.13 series of kernels. After testing 2.6.18-rc7 yesterday I reverted back
to 2.6.17.13 and all is well.

I can't help with coding but I will test and report back if anyone has a patch.