[linux-dvb] Re: uk dvb-t woes

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Sat Sep 16 13:36:35 CEST 2006

On 14 Sep 2006, at 12:43, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> I've just moved house and most of my channels in my VDR setup for
> freeview/dvb-t in the uk stopped working. Channels on the
> transponder for Sky 3, Sky News, Sky sports News etc are working.

If I run w_scan with the -F option, for long filter timeout, then I
get a working channel.conf file. However, after watching eg BBC ONE
for a minute, the picture freezes, and I get these messages in my /
var/log/messages file:

Sep 14 19:21:19 htpc vdr: [3296] changing transponder data of channel
17 from T:506000:0:6:4:9:9:4:2 to t:505833330:0:1:0:3:3:0:0
[...]

After this I have to rerun w_scan and make sure vdr is not set to
"add transponders" in the DVB settings.

This happens with all the frequencies that w_scan found. Can anyone
explain what's going on?

The 505833330 frequency is what I've been using successfully in the
past with an outside antenna, so I assume it must be related to any
distribution amplifier in the building?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com