[linux-dvb] Re: %5Blinux-dvb%5D%20Twinhan%20Cab%2FCI%202031%3A%20frontend%20entry%20sometimes%20missing

Zoilo Gomez zoilo at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 24 19:40:58 CEST 2006

Hi Marcus,

The problems with 2031 were unfortunately never fixed. IIRC we were left
with the following problems:
1) tuner device sometimes missing in /dev/dvb/adapterX/ on boot (app.
20% of the boots, tested on 2 different machines)
2) needed to tune twice in case of freq change; the first time would
almost never give a lock (but sometimes it did strangely enough)
3) unstable signal, where signal would be lost after some time (hours);
this problem I never investigated thoroughly, because of 1) and 2) which
needed a solution first.

So at some point I had to decide to drop 2031, then chose KNC-ONE /
DVB-C + separate CI-module, which is running very stable.

Pity, because I would really prefer to have CI integrated into the DVB-C
card.

My hopes are that Twinhan 1034, which Manu is currently working on, will
eventually give better results.

Please let me know if you can make progress (but please CC to the
linux-dvb list as well).

Z.