[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DEC3000-s lockup under Linux 2.6.18

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Sat Sep 30 21:03:20 CEST 2006

Benjamin Eikel schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I try to use a Hauppauge DEC3000-s USB box with my Linux machine. I am using a
> self-compiled kernel 2.6.18 from kernel.org.
> The firmware seems to be loaded:
> dmesg output:
> ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
> usb 2-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
> usb 2-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 2-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> ttusb_dec: Firmware 2.28<6>ttusb_dec: found DSP code "DEC2540-t".
> usb 2-3: USB disconnect, address 6
> ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
> usb 2-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7
> usb 2-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> DVB: registering new adapter (DEC3000-s).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC3000-s Frontend)...
>
> The devices under /dev/dvb/adapter0/ are created. But I get an error when I
> try to scan:
> scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E | tee
> channels.conf
> scanning /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> initial transponder 12551500 V 22000000 5
> __tune_to_transponder:1491: ERROR: FE_READ_STATUS failed: 5 Input/output error
> __tune_to_transponder:1491: ERROR: FE_READ_STATUS failed: 5 Input/output error
> ERROR: initial tuning failed
> dumping lists (0 services)
> Done.
>
> dmesg gives:
> ttusbdecfe_read_status: returned unknown value: 0
> ttusbdecfe_read_status: returned unknown value: 0
> ttusbdecfe_read_status: returned unknown value: 0
>
> I do not know if this is okay, but the box seems to hang after the firmware
> has been loaded. I cannot turn it off with the remote control anymore.
>
> I have tried to find some information about these error messages but had no
> luck. I hope that you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Hi Benjamin!

I have a DEC3000-s and the same problems under linux. I postet my error
messages in april to the linux-dvb-list, but no one could help me.

The only thing I can help you is about the "hang" after the firmware
loaded. If you installed dvb-utils (or compiled them from source) you
can get the box back to normal operation by typing the command
"ttusb_dec_reset". Then the box gets back to normal operation. My
linux-box then loads the driver immidiatly again, so perhaps you have to
shut down hotplug bevor resetting the box.

But it would be great if someone can help us with the problem. I can
make usbsnoop under windows if it could help (i already made half a year
ago, but nothing happened since then :-()

Jens