[linux-dvb] Freecom DVB stick problems

Matthew Bates mb at mattbates.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 22:28:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

After reading the advice on the mailing list, I managed to get my
Freecom DVB USB stick (rev 3) to work.  I downloaded the latest v4l-dvb
sources and built and installed them and it worked flawlessly.

However recently it's been refusing to work all of a sudden.  Dmesg
reports that it has found the device and attempts to load the firmware
(similar to before), but it never succeeds and the green light continues
to flash on the stick.

---
usb 5-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
usb 5-7: new device found, idVendor=14aa, idProduct=0225
usb 5-7: new device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)'
in cold state, will try to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw'
---

If it helps, I am using "Linux mattdesktop 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP
Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux".

I would welcome any advice on how I can debug this error further and
even better any ideas on what might be causing these issues.

Many thanks,

Matt