[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate T750

John Newbigin jnewbigin at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 10 08:11:31 CEST 2007

The lid is a folded sheet of metal and soldered on at 4 points.  I
stared with pliers but in then used the dremel to remove both the covers.

The digital tuner is:
Quantek QT1010 (441570113 054511DJ)

I am pretty use the analog tuner is:
Xceive XC2028ACQ
There are some more numbers but it is very difficult to read.  There is
also a spongy thing attached to the metal case which touches the IC.  I
assume it is some kind of thermal compound/heat sink.  I'll re-attach it
before I fire the card back up. (lets hope it still works).

Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Open it and take a look, the lid is probably a snap on metal lid.
> !! Don´t blame me if you break it !!
>
> "Also, If anyone knows of a tuner which comes in the 36mm x 26mm x 5mm
> metal case that might help narrow down what might be inside."
Probably any silicon tuner will fit inside this size so I guess opening
them up is the only way.

John.