[Bulk] Re: [Bulk] [linux-dvb] ati hdtv wonder in gentoo amd64

Brett Taylor sweet.brett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:00:44 CEST 2007

well last night I was successful in getting my card to work, and to get it
to tune QAM channels.  I changed back to gentoo sources and upgraded them to
2.6.20-gentoo-r5 (i was on r3 before).  using the kernel modules I could not
tune to any channels.  So, I emerged v4l-dvb-hg, which actually emerged this
time.  Then CityK walked me through how to use hg and obtain the kernel-sync
sources.  Once I had those modules compiled and installed, the card worked
great.  I still have a few channels that won't get any sound (and I tried
adding (ac3) to the kaffeine dvb list as was suggested earlier), but I do
have a handful of channels that work great (QAM).

Thanks for all the help.

Brett