[linux-dvb] Why is evbug loaded by dvb-ttpci

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 12 21:47:43 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 12. April 2007, Helmut Auer wrote:
> Hi List
> When I insmod the dvb-ttpci module the module evbug will also be loaded and
> is flooding my sysmessages with every keystroke. What going wrong there ?

I think you definitely should blacklist the evbug module, as it is just a
debug tool.
It gets autoloaded as it has this alias:
# modinfo evbug
alias:          input:b*v*p*e*-e*k*r*a*m*l*s*f*w*

That means it gets loaded too, if any modprobe request comes for an
input-device.
You can trace the udev events at that time by running udevmonitor [--env]
while modprobing.

The problem is that every input-device has in sysfs an modalias attribute that
triggers an modprobe call - I don't know why these entries are there -
perhaps it can be considered as a bug.

Newest udev-ebuild (>=106-r4) for gentoo does
contain /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist with an entry to disable evbug autoloading.
> blacklist evbug

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)