[linux-dvb] Afatech af9005 unstable reception

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Sat Apr 14 08:58:32 CEST 2007

My last question for a cheap USB DVB-T stick took a whole other turn.
Earlier I bought an Allnet all2006 USB DVB-T stick, just praying it
would run on Linux. It didn't. At least it didn't back then.

On Windows I figured out it's an Afatech AF9005 clone. On Google I
figured out there is a driver and firmware here, recently written:
http://ventoso.org/luca/af9005/

Happy was I! I installed everything and yes, the device is detected. But
it hardly ever locks correctly on a frequency. I see the "lock" thingie
in Kaffeine light up, as well as a blue led on the stick. But few times
do I read some channel information. Once I was able to read the radio
transponder, but the radio stutters. That doesn't really say much, radio
stutters with another DVB-T device on Windows as well at that frequency,
and I have no idea if my reception or buggy software is the problem here.

The main problem is I can't read all channels. I'm missing almost all
the channels. The -/+167 trick didn't help.

Pim