[linux-dvb] Re: [Patch] USBVision - Fix NT1005 Bridge detection

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Sat Apr 14 13:51:09 CEST 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> I've did such change on:
> 	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/usbvision
>
> It also honors CodingStyle max line size.
>
> I've also removed some duplicated stuff (ID Vendor/Product) and changed
> some flags to use bitmap. As result, It saved about 1K of kernelspace
> area.

There's a bug in this patch, the bitfields must be unsigned if you want to
have the range 0..1 and not -1..0.

Anyway, the structure can be made even smaller, -1700 bytes overall change
by my count (*).  See linked patch.

01/01: usbvision: store the device database more efficiently
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/usbvision?cmd=changeset;node=7957ba367757

 usbvision-core.c  |    8 -
 usbvision-video.c |   37 +++-
 usbvision.h       |   31 ++-

(*) counted like this:
objdump -h usbvision.ko |
  awk '/bss|text|data/&&!/init/{print x=strtonum("0x"$3),"\t",s+=x,$2;}'