[linux-dvb] [patch] fix experimental mt2060 gain adjustment for the af9005

Thomas Pinz dc2rpt at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 19:03:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 14 April 2007 17:25, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> > (If you see an improvement, please tell me exact product, then there
> > would be an other problem)
>
> No, I tried it but I never see a strong signal (as reported by the
> af9005), so in my case either with that code enabled there's no difference.
> I tried it because that's what the sample code that afatech provided me
> does.
Thats maybe a misunderstanding, for DVB-T the this setting should always be
high. (0x33)
Only for other applications/modulations it would make sense to use another
setting. So don't investigate to much time into this.

The reason is, this influence only a gain setting on the IF, while compression
effects due to strong oder adjacent channels occur on the front stages of the
tuner.

Kind regards,

Thomas