[linux-dvb] 2.6.20 with latest hg drivers and dib0700

Chris Murton chris.linuxtv at fruble.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 12:38:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest hg drivers against a 2.6.20 kernel for my
Nova-T 500 USB and whilst the Oopses went away, the driver now appears
to disconnect more frequently than it did before - I'm also seeing more
frequent partial locks in MythTV (L_s instead of LMS).

Apr 21 10:44:46 basil kernel: usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 2
Apr 21 10:46:44 basil kernel: dvb-usb: could not submit URB no. 0 - get
them all back
Apr 21 10:46:44 basil kernel: dvb-usb: error while enabling fifo.
Apr 21 10:50:10 basil kernel: dvb-usb: error while stopping stream.

I tried the latest firmware that I could find
(dvb-usb-dib0700-02-rc1.fw) and that gave me similar results with no
noticeable improvement.

I'm now trying a different approach, using the 2.6.20 kernel drivers
with the latest firmware.. the partial locks have gone away and no
disconnects yet but it's only been running for 30 minutes!

Also, I don't know if anyone else has had this but when the USB
disconnects occur it does not reconnect, but as soon as I reboot
something must trigger the USB device to come back on as I can see it
being re-probed and brought online as the box is going down - any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris