[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate T750 - Analog working

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:36:54 CEST 2007

On 4/24/07, John Newbigin <jnewbigin at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> I have uploaded a patch which adds T750 support to the
> http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental branch.
>
> The patch is here
> http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/v4l-dvb-experimental-t750-0.2.diff

you might recheck dvb_attach(qt1010_attach, I think you use the wrong
API there,
there's also a sample implementation in the em2880-dvb how it should
be done with the experimental tree.
The second argument isn't dvb_frontend anymore there, it's a structure
which holds a pointer to dvb_frontend.

> At the moment only analog TV is supported.  So far I have not got any
> audio and radio is untested.  These may however work.  DVB is not working.
>
> Quick instructions:
> hg clone http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental
> cd v4l-dvb-experimental
> wget http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/v4l-dvb-experimental-t750-0.2.diff
> patch -p1 < v4l-dvb-experimental-t750-0.2.diff
> make
> # Install your modules. perhaps you trust make install
> depmod -a
>
> cd /lib/firmware
> wget http://konstantin.filtschew.de/v4l-firmware/firmware_v4.tgz
> tar -zxvf firmware_v4.tgz
>
> modprobe saa7134
>
> tvtime
>

> Thanks to Markus for putting me onto the experimental code.

if you can send a small description + Signed-off-by line I could add
it to the experimental repository.

http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_submit_patches

(but first please take care about qt1010_attach ...)

thanks,
Markus