[linux-dvb] possible afatech af9005 bug

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Apr 25 01:11:35 CEST 2007

En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:

> For my feeling speed isn't the problem, but where do I increase the
> timeout?

I just saw that there isn't one in the scan utility, and probably this
isn't the (only) problem: I report FE_HAS_LOCK when the af9005 says that
it has seen the mpeg sync byte, while I use the tpsd_lock to indicate
FE_HAS_CARRIER. Probably FE_HAS_LOCK should depend on both conditions.
Try, as a test, in af9005-fe.c, function af9005_fe_read_status, where
you see

         if (temp)
                 *stat |= FE_HAS_SYNC | FE_HAS_VITERBI | FE_HAS_LOCK;

change the condition to

         if (temp && (*stat & FE_HAS_CARRIER))

and tell me if you can scan this way.

Bye