[linux-dvb] KWorld V-Stream Xpert won't scan but does FE_HAS_Lock

Richard Oxland r.k.oxland at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:30:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a KWorld V-Stream Xpert DVB-T PCI card that I am trying to make work
under Ubuntu Edgy. Previously had it working in FC5 but on a different PC.

I have got everything working as far as using scan to search through the
relevant transmitter setup file and I can't get a response. There are a lot
of "filter timeout" messages when it tries to locate the signal.

Using tzap and my old channels.conf from the Fedora install I can get the
right FE_HAS_LOCK message but when I use dvbstream and mplayer there is no
data to fill mplayer's cache.

Output below:

#dvbstream -o -ps 201 202 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 | mplayer -cache 4096 -autosync 30
-
.
.
.
.

Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)

Anyone have an idea what might be happening?