[linux-dvb] Tuning broken in development branch, 2.6.20 for lowest freq channel with TT DVB-C 1500

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:33:08 CEST 2007

Kari Salmela wrote:
> Hello
>

> Hardware: Technotrend DVB-C 1500, CI, Conax CAM, Asus P5B
>

> Am I the only one left alone without working system with current
> development v4l tree? Somewhere between 2.6.18.1 and 2.6.20 (and current
> mercurial, also) something changed, and tuning to Discovery channel no
> longer works at least for me. With 2.6.18.1 plain vanilla kernel,
> Discovery channel on 138 Mhz works fine:

Well, after going through the changes that might have had effect on
tuning, I found out the one which had caused this problem. I do not know
the actual reason behind the change, but the changelog says that it
was meant to "Fix TD1316 tuner for DVBC". But at least in my case it
seams to have broken the tuner instead.
Attached is a patch to revert the change.

> All the other multiplexes work ok with both setups, except for one HD
> channel with QAM256, which has some artifacts, but that’s a different
> issue…

Although it is a different issue, I would really like to know if someone
had any suggestions how to even try to fix it...

-Petri