[linux-dvb] feedback, nova-t 500

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Aug 3 09:10:45 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 08:47 +0200, Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Haven´t tried that.
> But I will update to the latest code and firmware  next week and do a
> check if the reception patch is still needed
> and general functionality test.

I am trying it.

It patches fine, it compiles fine, and the module load messages indicate
functionality.

I also get better signal levels when tuning.

I have not seen much difference in practical terms, though, but at least
it doesn't look like it is breaking major things.

I am still leaving the warning on the wiki page, though, as a sample of
very few reports is not too good.

There is also the issue of the need of a true EEPROM parser that would
make this patches functionality more reliable. It doesn't exist yet, and
this patch probably does its thing in a cow-boy-ish way, hence its non
inclusion in the main tree.

Nico