[linux-dvb] Old remote/IR receiver (PVR 350) fail to work with Nova T500

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Mon Aug 6 08:34:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

at least for its true, that my old IR receiver and the Hauppauge remote
from the PVR350 do NOT work with the T500. At least not yet ;)

I was testing the latest changes on Saturday and was not seeing anything
with irw and/or event-something. One of the final resorts was using the
remote and the IR receiver coming with the T500. Although they look the
same, it seems that the generated codes are different [1].

After I got it working, I tried all four possibilities with old/new
receiver and remotes but only the T500 remote + T500 receiver did work
for me.

If this is a generic "feature" maybe someone can put this on the wiki
(or I can do it myself if people tell me to do so) as a warning and to
save time a hassle.

Cheers & thanks a lot for the effort!!!

Carsten

[1] A few of the keycodes are also not working, but I'll have to dig
into that a bit later.