[linux-dvb] frequency out of range - Problems

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 18:18:09 CEST 2007

Michael Krufky wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
> > On 8/6/07, Lars Buerding <lindvb at metatux.net> wrote:
> >> Hello Manu,

> >> I did that and it looks good - at least I can switch to the channels
> >> again and can grab a picture inside vdradmin, I am a bit too far away
> >> from my VDR currently :)
> >
> > N' joy :)
>
> Manu,
>
> Do you have a spec for that demod?  If so, would you kindly update the driver so
> that users don't have to worry about this issue?

According to the crippled datasheet, a symbol rate from 12..30 MSym/s
should be correct for the TDA8083.

The Grundig 29504-451 tuner uses the TDA8060 down-converter, which has a
frequency range from 920..2200MHz.

So the attached patch should fix the range issues. Ok?

CU
Oliver

-
VDR Remote Plugin 0.3.9: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/