[linux-dvb] saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

Sigmund Augdal sigmund at snap.tv
Tue Aug 7 13:12:31 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 07:45, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Imho the interrupt processing was broken:
> > - The first I2C interrupt should be used to wake-up the task.
> >   It does not matter that it takes some time until ERR in IIC_STA
> >   will be updated. We don't need it.
> > - Interrupts must be acknowledged at the end of the ISR.
> >
> > @all
> > Please test the attached patch.
> > There shouldn't be any unexpected I2C interrupts anymore.
>
> Attached is an updated patch which does extended status checking.
I've tried this patch on a box running 2.6.20 now for about a day and has not
yet seen any i2c timeouts with it. I have tried to stress the i2c bus a bit
by starting and stopping capture, retuning and browsing the MMI menus of the
CAM quite a lot. I did however not see any pattern in when the i2c timeouts
happened before applying the patch, so I can't possitivly confirm they are
all gone.

Thanks.

Sigmund Augdal