[linux-dvb] Problems with new system

Volker Cordes MrLogic at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 20:08:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I recently upgraded my hardware and am now having some problems getting everything back to work. Basically I bought a new CPU (Athlon 64 X2 3800+) and a new Motherboard (ASUS M2V). I installed Debian GNU / Linux (unstable) and compiled a custom kernel (2.6.22.1). The system is running in 64 bit with SMP support. Everything works fine as long as I only use one DVB-S card.

As soon as I insert a second card it seems as if one of them has problem getting all packages from the stream, there are image and sound errors (only on one card). I have three cards (Pinnacle PCTV Sat, Twinhan DVB-S VisionPlus and Typhoon with CX24123 chip). I tried every possible combination and also disabled SMP support in the kernel but the problem is always there.

Did anyone experience something like this before?

Thanks,
Volker