[linux-dvb] New Revision of KNC1 DVB-S Plus 1894:0015

Johannes Deisenhofer jo.deisenhofer at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:35:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a bunch of KNC1 DVB-S Plus Cards, with Subsystem ID 1894:0015.
There are 'Plus' cards, with Phillips SD1878 Tuner and Analog Inputs.
(Picture at http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Bild:Knc1splusx4.jpg)

Besides the analog input, these seem to be identical to the "TV Star"
Cards from KNC1. Adding the PCI Ids is easy, but:

Can anybody advise me how I can find out if my card needs to be added to
this list of IDs? It's a plus card, after all. Do I need to test with a
CA adapter? What's different if I set / don't set the GPIO-Pin?

 From budget-av.c, line 928:

         /* additional setup necessary for the PLUS cards */
         switch (saa->pci->subsystem_device) {
                 case SUBID_DVBS_KNC1_PLUS:
                 case SUBID_DVBC_KNC1_PLUS:
                 case SUBID_DVBT_KNC1_PLUS:
                 case SUBID_DVBS_TV_STAR_PLUS:
                 case SUBID_DVBC_EASYWATCH:
                 case SUBID_DVBC_KNC1_PLUS_MK3:
                         saa7146_setgpio(saa, 3, SAA7146_GPIO_OUTHI);
                         break;
         }